ABOUT THE PROGRAM
International Trade is a two-year career program leading to the attainment of an Attestation of College Studies (AEC). The program prepares students for a wide variety of professional careers in the international trade, logistics, and/or import/export industries.
WHAT WILL THIS PROGRAM GIVE ME?
In this program, students will learn about the international trade industry here in Canada, and also around the world as well as will be exposed to the fundamental knowledge of this industry, which will allow them to become qualified professionals who possess a unique skill set.
This program focuses primarily on:
- International Business Communication
- Developing skills in logistical management:
- Import / Export
- Understanding Customs Law
- Developing Skills in Negotiation
- Developing Skills in Financial Planning
WHAT IS THIS INDUSTRY LIKE?
In recent decades, worldwide trade has facilitated the globalization and expansion of businesses. In the 2000s, companies joined forces, merged, and innovated. Today, trade has taken on an entirely new meaning. Through the help of the federal and provincial governments, and other support agencies, businesses are now expanding their goods and services to international clients. Various measures, both in terms of exploration, visibility and funding assist them in doing so.
AEC – Career
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Jan 25 (Winter)
Aug 1 (Fall)
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR
Nov 30 (Winter)
May 15 (Fall)
IS THIS FOR YOU?
International Trade requires qualified professionals who are capable of developing and managing trade operations. Any person with a Secondary V education and/or has professional experience in sales, administration or marketing can apply to this program for admission.
*Prospective students must pass a French and English language proficiency test.
TAV College offers the International Trade program with a skills-based approach that extends over a period of 1,290 hours and leads to the attainment of an Attestation of College Studies (ACS).
- Analyze the realities of the workplace in international trade
- Use Application Software
- Search and analyze international trade information
- Communicate in French in a business context
- Solve problems related to mathematics and statistics
- Communicate in English in a Business Context
- Perform a Market Study
- Manage an inventory and an acquisition of goods and services
- Collaborate in the development of a sustainable development approach
- Analyze the process of importing and exporting a property
- Manage logistics for international freight forwarding and service delivery
- Refer to sources of law and international trade conventions
- Calculate import and export costs
- Participate in international trade risk management
- Develop a market development strategy
- Determine payment and financing methods in the context of international transactions
- Negotiate in an international context
- Develop an E-commerce strategy
- Develop an international marketing project
- Integrate into the workplace
Graduates from this program work primarily with businesses that are seeking to do business outside of the country that they operate in. This means importing goods and/or services as well as exploring new potential markets. Additionally, graduates can work with corporations that want to expand and develop in the Canadian market.
Graduates can also find employment as:
- An export consultant
- An analyst for foreign markets
- A trader
- An employee for the office of a commissioner for export
- An employee for a professional association
- An employee for a non-governmental organization (NGO)
Our graduates’ expertise in logistics also allows them to act as a forwarding agent or another type of intermediary in commercial transactions within logistics companies or transport companies involved in exporting or importing. According to Emploi Québec, the job outlook for retail sales, technical sales, buyers, sellers, and sales representatives is favorable for years to come.
Information for international students
This program is eligible for a post-graduate work permit.
For more information