I AM …
RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR YOU
The registration period for the Fall 2023 semester for all new students at TAV > June 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
I AM …
A NEW TAV STUDENT
Starting at a new school can make anyone feel full of anxiety! However, we have you covered. This web page has been designed to welcome new local students to TAV College by suggesting a list of various web pages where they can learn everything they need to know about the College.
WELCOME TO TAV COLLEGE
Here is a suggested method to learn more about the College:
- About the College
- Letter from the Director of Studies
- Student Services
- Meet the administration
- Academic Advising
- Study tips
- Learn how to use Omnivox
- Learn more about extracurricular activities
- Learn more about The TAV Times (our student newspaper)
- Follow the College on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for updates
I got accepted, what do i do?
Once you have been accepted, you will be contacted by a student advisor who will request to book a meeting to help guide you through the process of creating and finalizing your schedule.
Registration Period for the Fall semester: (LOCAL STUDENTS)
- All programs: Begins June 1st until June 30th.
- You cannot request modifications or cancel your registration after September 3rd.
Registration Period for the Fall semester: (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS):
- All programs: Begins August 8th until August 22nd.
What is registration?
Registration is a procedure that each student must undertake to become an officially registered TAV student in our system, to build and finalize their course schedule as well as inform the College that they intend on staying each semester.
How do I register?
All newly-admitted students are pre-registered for a standard set of courses. You will receive your schedule and an academic progression chart by email together with a confirmation request. You must confirm your registration each semester or you will no longer be considered an active student.
Re-registration for each semester
Each semester at TAV you have to re-register, before a specified deadline, in order to:
- Inform the College that you plan on returning the following semester;
- Build your course schedule for the next semester.
Registration involves three (3) steps:
- Register at the front desk and pay the registration fee;
- Ensure that your tuition fees are paid in full;
- Build your semester schedule with your academic advisor.
Should you have any questions regarding your schedule, course load, or program structure, or wish to modify your registration, please request an online meeting with your program’s academic advisor.
BEING A TAV STUDENT
As a registered TAV College student, you are eligible to:
- A free membership to TAV’s private gym
- Attend events hosted by the College
- Join and take part in our clubs and associations
- Vote in TCSA elections
- Use on-campus study rooms
- Use computer labs (with permission)
- Receive a 10% discount on all TAV café products
Plan out your first day on campus or discover what kind facilities TAV has to offer by exploring our campus maps.
Create an omnivox account
One of the first things you must do after you have been admitted to TAV is create an Omnivox account. If you’re a new student, the process is very easy.
Take note of important upcoming dates.
Learn about PLAGIARISM
Understanding plagiarism and how to avoid it will become an increasingly significant aspect of your higher education learning experience.
At TAV, we have made it mandatory for all new students to complete a short online plagiarism training session in order to help you better understand plagiarism, citing sources, and how to properly formulate citations in academic writing.
LEARN ABOUT THE BANQ
The BAnQ (Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec) is a public access library and archive centre managed by the Quebec government. Some interesting features are :
- Subscription to the BAnQ is free for all Quebec residents
- With your membership, you have access to millions of academic publications, multimedia information, and national archival documents.
- In addition, with your BAnQ membership, you have access to their library space for study or research purposes.
- For more information on subscriptions, click here
Join the BAnQ
To subscribe to the BAnQ, simply fill out this form on their website and your subscription information will be sent to you by email.
Updated: February 15, 2023