I AM …
Helpful Resources FOR STUDENTS
I AM …
A NEW TAV STUDENT
Are you a new student at TAV College?
Starting at a new school can make anyone feel full of anxiety! However, we have you covered. This webpage has been designed to welcome new local students to TAV College by suggesting a list of various webpages where they can learn everything they need to know about the College.
FALL 2021 SEMESTER
You can now find information about the upcoming Fall 2021 semester here.
WELCOME TO TAV COLLEGE
The best way to make the most out of your college experience is to know what’s available to you! Here is a suggested method for learning more about the College:
- Letter from the Director
- Student Services
- Meet our staff
- Learn how to use Omnivox
- Learn about extracurricular activities
- Learn about The TAV Times (our student newspaper)
- Follow the College on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to stay in the loop.
For pre-university students, it is also recommended that you check out the following:
REGISTERING AND RE-REGISTERING
WHAT IS REGISTRATION?
Each semester at TAV you have to re-register, before a specified deadline, in order to:
- Inform the College that you plan on returning the following semester
- Build your course schedule for the next semester.
Registration involves two (2) steps:
- Register with the front desk and pay the registration fee.
- Build your semester schedule with your academic advisor.
DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
All first-semester students will be pre-registered for a standard set of courses. You will receive your schedule and progression chart by email together with a confirmation request.
- There is a $60 registration fee (per semester), which will be billed once your registration is confirmed.
Should you have any questions regarding schedule, course load, program structure, or wish to modify your registration, please request an online meeting with your program’s academic advisor.
**Please note that you can request modifications or cancel your registration until September 3rd, 2021.
Also, see the webpage: I Am a Current Student
BEING A TAV STUDENT
As a registered TAV College student, you are eligible to:
- A free membership to TAV’s private gym
- Attend events hosted by the College
- Join and take part in our clubs and/or cooperatives
- Vote in TCSA elections
- Use on-campus study rooms
- Use computer labs (with permission)
- Get a Microsoft Office 365 account
- Receive a 10% discount on all TAV café products
Something that many college students are not adequately exposed to in high school is plagiarism and source citing. Understanding plagiarism and how to avoid it will become an increasingly important part of your higher education learning experience.
At TAV, we have made it mandatory for all new students to complete a short online plagiarism training session in order to help demystify plagiarism, citing sources, and how to properly formulate citations in academic writing.
LEARN ABOUT THE BANQ
The BAnQ (Bibliothèque et Archives Nationales du Québec) is a multi-location, public access library and archive center managed by the Government of Quebec. Some great features are:
- Membership to the BAnQ is free of charge for all Quebec residents
- With your membership, you gain access to millions of academic publications, multimedia information, and national archival materials.
- Also with your membership to the BAnQ, you gain access to use their library space for studying or research purposes.
- For more information about memberships, click here.
JOIN THE BAnQ
To join the BAnQ, all you have to do is fill out this form on their website and your membership information will be sent to you by email.