ABOUT THE PROGRAM*
Project Management is a one (1) year certificate program that allows the student to acquire the necessary skills to act as a technical support agent for a project manager or to work as a qualified project manager.
*Please note that this is a specialty workforce training program designed for newly arrived laborers in Canada. The program is not available for local student applications.
AEC / Certificate
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR
Nov 30 (Winter), Apr 30 (Fall)
In the field of accounting, project managers must be able to provide technical support by way of financial analysis, internal control, auditing, budget planning, and/or costing.
Similarly, in the field of management, project managers must support and assist the work related to the management of a company’s human, financial and material resources. These responsibilities may be associated, among other things, with the management of business development projects or international business transactions. Their responsibilities may also include the supervision of personnel.
Project managers are called upon to operate in a highly computerized environment using integrated management tools. They must be able to employ effective communication approaches, both within the company as well as with suppliers and customers.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
Effective project managers must be versatile due to the complex and ever-changing work conditions of the modern world. They must be able to analyze problems quickly and react effectively to meet the evolving needs of the organization. The skills acquired in this program will enable graduates to:
- Establish quality interpersonal relationships
- Communicate effectively in French and English
- Manage professional activities
- Apply the principles, techniques, and methods specific to the field of project management
General goals of training
The objectives and standards of the program take into account all the problems that project management technicians encounter in the course of their profession. The following are the program training goals:
- Train project management technicians who are effective in the exercise of their profession
- Allow students to take on the roles, perform the duties and activities associated with project management as soon as they enter the labor market
- Allow students to evolve successfully in the workplace through technical knowledge and skill training, mastery of technological tools and methods related to project management
- Train students on how to effectively communicate in French and English, as well as develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Promote the person’s integration into working life by making them aware of the labor market in general as well as the particular context of project management