STUDENT ID ONLINE
TAV COLLEGE STUDENT ID CARDS
Each student who is registered at TAV College is required to have a valid student ID card at all times.
What is a student ID card?
These plastic cards contain your identification information including your name, your TAV College student ID number, and a photo of yourself.
Why do I need one?
You will need a valid student ID card to use on-campus printers, rent a laptop or tablet, and to verify your identity during examinations. Additionally, when you submit your ID photo online, it is automatically added to your Omnivox account, which can thenbe used to access the student-reduced fare for your STM pass.
Is there a fee?
There is no fee for obtaining your first student ID card. However, if you lose your first card, there is a 5$ replacement fee per additional card.
ID Card Photo: Online Submissions
It is now possible to submit your own photo online for your TAV College student ID card. To ensure the photo you submit is usable for your ID card, please follow the instructions below.
How does it work?
You fill out all of the information in the form below and the data is sent to our front desk staff where they create your ID card for you. Please allow at least 24 hours from the time you submit the form to collect your ID card at the front desk.
Guidelines you must follow
- Your picture should include the entirety of your head and the top of your shoulders. Face and shoulders to the camera: straight-on, center, and squared (like a passport photo);
- Do not wear any face coverings or accessories, a hat, headphones, etc., excluding religious symbols;
- Make sure your eyes are open and clearly visible;
- Use uniform lighting with no shadows, glare, or flash reflections;
- Only wear prescription glasses with no shade;
- Take your photo in portrait orientation picture, not in landscape;
- Use a plain, light coloured background;
- No goofy or inappropriate gestures;
- Ensure the photo is clear, sharp and in focus before submitting.
Naming your image file
Before emailing us your picture, make sure to save it with a filename that includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID#
Acceptable image example
- Only the following file formats will be accepted: .jpg, .jpeg, or .png
- Maximum file size: 2 MB
- Your information and photo are not stored on any server that is accessible to the public. Only authorized TAV College staff members will have access to it.
- Please allow a minimum of two (2) business days to retrieve your ID card from the front desk.
- During the beginning of the semester, and occasionally due to occasional ID card printer maintenance, the wait time may be longer.
ID PHOTO SUBMISSION FORM
Updated: August 15, 2022