ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Internet Programming (with big-data certification) is a two-year career program that leads to the attainment of an Attestation of College Studies (ACS). Successful completion of the program will enable the student to acquire the qualifications that will allow them to practice the profession of Programmer and Developer in interactive media (NOC code: 2174 ) in the field of application development on various platforms. The technician performs developments and maintenance. The applications developed are numerous and varied and are used in almost all sectors of activity.
What is the industry like?
The PC or Web application development technician is also called upon to provide support to users or to work in collaboration with various specialists in the field of computer science: analysts, data or network architecture consultants, quality assurance managers, project managers, etc.
The work environment is very diversified and the work, therefore, requires a significant capacity for adaptation, constant upgrading of knowledge, excellent reasoning skills, the application of a structured approach, versatility, as well as an open mind.
What do programmers do?
Programmer/developers play a key role in the development of PC (personal computer) or web applications. They are also called upon to provide user support or to work in collaboration with various specialists in the field of IT (internet technologies) such as data analysts, quality assurance managers, managers, and project managers. The work environment is quite diverse and often consists of the manipulation of the very materials and software components.
AEC – Career
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Jan 25 (Winter)
Aug 1 (Fall)
2 Years (1 425 hours)
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR
Nov 30 (Winter)
May 15 (Fall)
Why choose this program?
Do you like new technologies and do you want to get involved in the development of new Web or PC applications? Become an Internet programming technician with this Internet programming training program at TAV College and open the doors to a prosperous career where job placement prospects are growing rapidly.
Dynamic instructors who are professionals in their field will guide you in your learning to become a programmer and application developer, whether for your own account or for a large company.
The training offered by TAV College will allow you to acquire useful, precise, and concrete skills in the field of Web applications. Your training will be enriched by a credited internship in a company and two independent development projects where you will be able to demonstrate your know-how and launch your career.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The goal of this program is the acquisition of the following competencies, which directly correlate with the roles and responsibilities of a computer programming professional:
- Install and manage computers
- Use programming languages
- Resolve computer issues through mathematics
- Use computer software (specifically office software)
- Deploy a local area network
- Apply the principles of object-oriented programming
- Use a database management system
- Carry out prevention operations with relation to information security
- Evaluate software and material components
- Take on-going training in order to adapt to changing computer technology
- Deploy database servers
- Develop native applications with or without databases
- Develop web applications (transactional or not)
- Develop game or simulation applications
- Develop applications for connected objects
- Collaborate on the creation of applications
Graduates from this attestation/certificate program may find employment as IT professionals in various industries (NOC 2011 – 2174)*, such as:
- An application programmer
- A business application programmer
- A computer game developer
- A computer programmer
- An eBusiness (electronic business) software developer
- An interactive media developer
- A multimedia developer
- An operating systems programmer
- A program analyst
- A scientific programmer
- A software developer
- A software programmer
- A systems programmer
- A web programmer
Employment opportunities for graduates from this program are excellent!
The estimated hourly wage in Québec* (2018-2020):
- Low: $20.75, ($46,160 Annually)
- Medium: $34.62 ($72,009 Annually)
- High: $51.28 ($106,662 Annually)
Information for international students
This program is eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
Fall, Winter, Summer
For more information
Updated: August 11, 2022