INTERNET PROGRAMMING(WITH BIG-DATA CERTIFICATION)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Internet Programming (with big-data certification) is a two-year AEC career program that prepares students to be qualified internet and computer programming professionals.
WHAT WILL THIS PROGRAM GIVE ME?
In this program, students will acquire skills that will enable them to practice the profession of a programmer and/or an interactive media developer in the field of application development. Students will be taught how to manipulate a wide variety of software that operate on different platforms. In addition, students will be introduced to and will learn to develop various industry-standard applications.
What do programmers do?
Programmer/developers play a key role in the development of PC (personal computer) or web applications. They are also called upon to provide user support or to work in collaboration with various specialists in the field of IT (internet technologies) such as data analysts, quality assurance managers, managers, and project managers. The work environment is quite diverse and often consists of the manipulation of the very materials and software components.
More information below
AEC / Certificate
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The goal of this program is the acquisition of the following competencies, which directly correlate with the roles and responsibilities of a computer programming professional:
- Install and manage computers
- Use programming languages
- Resolve computer issues through mathematics
- Use computer software (specifically office software)
- Deploy a local area network
- Apply the principles of object-oriented programming
- Use a database management system
- Carry out prevention operations with relation to information security
- Evaluate software and material components
- Take on-going training in order to adapt to changing computer technology
- Deploy database servers
- Develop native applications with or without databases
- Develop web applications (transactional or not)
- Develop game or simulation applications
- Develop applications for connected objects
- Collaborate on the creation of applications
Graduates from this attestation/certificate program may find employment as IT professionals in various industries (NOC 2011 – 2174)*, such as:
- An application programmer
- A business application programmer
- A computer game developer
- A computer programmer
- An eBusiness (electronic business) software developer
- An interactive media developer
- A multimedia developer
- An operating systems programmer
- A program analyst
- A scientific programmer
- A software developer
- A software programmer
- A systems programmer
- A web programmer
Employment opportunities for graduates from this program are excellent!
The estimated hourly wage in Québec* (2018-2020):
- Low: $20.75, ($46,160 Annually)
- Medium: $34.62 ($72,009 Annually)
- High: $51.28 ($106,662 Annually)