WHY TAV COLLEGE?
NOT JUST A GENERIC CAMPUS
At TAV, being smaller doesn’t mean we can’t offer a complete and friendly service. Take advantage of our human-scale campus. Our personalized attention to students and the work of our dedicated teachers contribute directly to the academic success of our students and open the doors to great career opportunities or further education (should they choose to move on to university.)
Many of our students already hold a university degree and as such, they know what it is like to be a student who is working hard to integrate into Quebec society and culture. Further, these students have clearly defined goals for themselves and know exactly what they want to achieve through the program they have chosen. As students, they understand the benefit of smaller class sizes as well as the opportunity to work closely with teachers and peers.
WHAT MAKES TAV COLLEGE DIFFERENT?
- We have a friendly, smaller-campus, approach;
- We offer many opportunities for hands-on training in a real workplace;
- We enjoy a multilingual-multicultural setting;
- We focus on real academic success;
- We guide you toward the program that best fits your needs;
- We offer workshops and peer tutoring for students who require additional help
The College bases its values on four essential foundations from which all students and staff work closely together to achieve:
- Personal comittment
- The development of the individual
- Awareness of others and our nnvironment
- Opening up to the world
1. PERSONAL COMMITMENT
Students are responsible for their own success. They must demonstrate independence and good attendance to fully benefit from the training they are being offered. Moreover, students have a social responsibility within the school: they must become personally involved and collaborate with peers and teachers in order to create a safe and supportive place for learning.
For its part, the College is committed to:
- Providing quality education
- Providing teachers with the means to ensure their continued training and improving their classroom interventions (workshops, conferences, educational hints, etc.).
- Creating a climate of trust and support that promotes learning
- Supporting teachers in order to promote stronger student-teacher relationships and develop more meaningful academic success
- Promoting self-awareness and self-development
- Helping students become aware of their responsibilities
- Doing everything to train responsible citizens who are able to help each other and contribute to the development of their community
2. THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INDIVIDUAL
For students who are open and responsible, school becomes the best place to explore their aspirations, develop their identity, gain confidence and develop independence. Thus, they acquire the necessary foundations to fully develop themselves. TAV College is a place of socialization that can contribute significantly to this personal growth.
This is why the College is committed to:
- Encouraging students to interact in the classroom
- Offering space where students can explore, express themselves, identify their dominant strengths and surpass themselves
- Soliciting students’ creativity and encourage independent initiatives
- Providing an environment that fosters a sense of belonging for students and staff
- Puting in place measures that will support the effort and the exercise of individual responsibility
3. AWARENESS OF OTHERS AND OUR ENVIRONMENT
Although the first goal of the college is to provide students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills through quality training, this value represents the basis for a wider educational project, namely that of preparing socially engaged citizens in our community to be aware of the environment in which they live and the sensitivity of their environmental footprint.
To achieve this, the College is committed to:
- Providing a framework for students to know themselves better, the others around them and the common values that enriches Quebec society
- Sharpening the social consciousness of students
- Stimulating the intellectual curiosity of our students and encourage them to develop critical thinking skills in order to enable them to acquire independence for learning that will serve as a catalyst for sefl-regulation
- Providing an environment that is conducive to openness, sharing, respect for individuals, ethnic and cultural differences
- Educating all stakeholders on the importance of acquiring environmentally friendly practices
4. OPENING UP TO THE WORLD
Because it wants to maintain a learning environment that is rich and pleasant, TAV College expects students to socialize with others while respecting their ethnic and cultural particularities. The college asks students to demonstrate their willingness to share and communicate with students of different origins.
The College is committed to:
- Encouraging the development of this openness by offering an education free from any form of discrimination
- Encouraging students to express themselves and to demonstrate curiosity towards others, while accepting different points of view
- Strongly encouraging students to integrate into Quebec’s society
- Stimulating the curiosity of students towards its host society by allowing them to experience the culture and values of Quebec.