ACADEMIC ADVISING SERVICES
One method for ensuring success during your college studies is to gain a good understanding of your program, solidify your academic goals, and take charge of it as soon as possible. If you require assistance with your admission, your student file, your course load, progression, or your course schedule, our academic advisors are available to assist you.
AN ACADEMIC ADVISOR CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Program progression
- Support for academic success
- Individual program planning
- Program changes
- Conditional admission status or student success contract
- Conflicts or absences from class
- Course drops and/or changes
- Request for a permanent incomplete (see below)
- Request for a course equivalence, substitution, or exemption
- Information on university programs & admission requirements
- Future planning
Who is my advisor?
- Arts, Literature, and Communication
- General Social Science
- Springboard to DEC
- University Prerequisites
- Grade 12 in Quebec
Advisor: Ms. Valerie Svitanko
- Special Education (AEC)
- Special Care Counselling (DEC)
Advisor: Mr. Ramzi Jaber
- Early Childhood Education (AEC)
- Early Childhood Education (DEC)
- Inclusive Intervention in Early Childhood Care
Advisor: Mrs. Deutsch
- AEC – Administration & Computing (Local students)
Advisor: Mrs. Winterfeld (Front Desk)
- All programs
Advisor: Mr. Durga Mahesh Murakonda
COURSE DROPS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED WITHIN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF CLASSES.
If you are not satisfied with a course, you may drop it from your schedule. However, to drop a course, you must do so before the end of the second week of classes.
A permanent incomplete is an official status within a student’s record indicating that the student experienced an extraordinary circumstance mid-semester and was unfit to complete the course(s).
– For permanent incompletes, you must provide appropriate documentation proving you couldn’t complete your studies for a period of three (3) weeks or more for a serious motive, including illness or death of a spouse or death of a family member (see Regulation Promoting Success for details).
– The College does not give permanent incompletes because you are failing a course or because you were absent for a final exam.
Academic advising - Rapid question form
Updated: March 31, 2022