GRADE 12 STUDY OPTION
WHAT IS THIS?
The Grade 12 Study Option program (012.TV) at TAV College allows students to obtain an Ontario high school diploma in a Quebec college while being taught by college professors. Students will also have the opportunity to interact with peers while following a regular daytime schedule.
The Grade 12 study option is a 1-year comprehensive program that fully satisfies all of the competencies that are necessary for university admissions in Quebec and abroad.
On this page:
- Why TAV College?
- Profiles Available
- English Eligibility
- Unique Advantages of TAV College
- Frequently Asked Questions
WHY TAV COLLEGE?
- This is the only Grade 12 program in Montreal that offers a real college experience.
- Sciences profile offers hands-on experience in state-of-the-art science laboratories that are designed to adequately prepare students for integration into university studies in the health sciences and engineering.
- Courses are taught by experienced college professors.
- Take advantage of our individualized academic advising and support.
- Study in brand-new facilities.
- General Social Science
ENGLISH ELIGIBILITY (Bill 101)
A certificate of English eligibility* is not required for this program.
*A certificate of English eligibility is a special authorization from the Government of Quebec that allows a student to study in the English language having newly arrived in Canada or studied previously in a French-language high school.
UNIQUE ADVANTAGES OF TAV COLLEGE
HYBRID LEARNING MODEL
Our dynamic hybrid learning model offers full onsite lectures from experienced college professors and lab instructors. Additionally, all registered students have access to online course content prepared by the Ontario Virtual School (OVS).
ADVANCE TO UNIVERSITY
Our Grade 12 Study Option prepares students to apply to universities in Canada and abroad.
TAV College oversees all administrative and academic components of studies, including the invigilation of on-site exams, classwork, registration, and graduation.
1 YEAR PROGRAM
This 1-year study option is a unique alternative to a Quebec diploma of college studies (DEC), which takes a minimum of 2 years to complete.
Satisfy the competencies that are necessary to gain admission to a university in just 1 year.
This study option is of particular interest for high school graduates seeking a Grade 12 experience in a college environment.
Our staff of dedicated and highly qualified teachers and administrators are available to support and facilitate the preparation for university studies.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about this program:
1. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS STUDY OPTION?
This 1-year study option is a unique alternative to a Quebec diploma of college studies (DEC). It enables students to complete a combination of general education (language of instruction, physical education, French as a second language), elective (3D printing technology), and science courses, which grants them the option of applying to university.
The advantages are the following:
- Gain admission to a university after one year of post-high school studies rather than two years of CEGEP.
- This study option offers a natural progression for students who are considering university studies outside of Quebec. It is versatile and able to be adapted to the students’ needs. For example, this year of study could be designed to prepare students for S.A.T.s (a standardized test used for most college admissions in the United States).
- The hybrid-learning model offers full onsite enriched lectures combined with online recorded course delivery.
- Network with other college students with similar academic ambitions.
- Students have full access to all of TAV College’s facilities, services, and library.
- Students are offered guidance and support with university applications.
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO THIS PROGRAM?
The Grade 12 Study Option is available to any applicant who has obtained a Canadian Grade 11 diploma or its national/international equivalency.
- Students must have the prerequisites to be admitted in each profile. An offer of admission is conditional upon transcript analysis. Students will be asked to submit their most recent transcript at the time of application.
3. WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM GIVE STUDENTS?
In collaboration with the Ontario Virtual School (OVS), graduates from this program obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), which is internationally recognized and allows graduates to apply to universities in Canada, the United States, and/or abroad.
4. CAN STUDENTS GET INTO A UNIVERSITY AFTER THIS PROGRAM?
Yes. The Grade 12 Study Option is considered an alternative to a pre-university program by university admission departments.
5. HOW DOES IT WORK?
Students are registered at TAV College in partnership with the Ontario Virtual School. Courses are taught onsite at TAV and are certified by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
6. WHAT IS THE TUITION FEE?
The total tuition fee for this 1-year program is $13,900.00 CAD. There will be a selected number of needs-based tuition reduction scholarships available, which are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
7. WOULD STUDENTS HAVE TO TAKE THE QUEBEC MINISTERIAL EXIT EXAM?
8. Is english eligibility required for this program?
No. A certificate of eligibility is not required for this program. Anyone may apply, assuming they meet the requirements specified in question #2