Are you someone who enjoys the idea of inspiring the next generation? Do you find yourself drawn to the idea of working with children? Odyssey is now looking for language assistants to teach language learning activities in the classroom. This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the childhood education workforce and to build your resume.
Odyssey is a paid work placement program that is in collaboration with the Official Languages Program funded by the Government of Canada. As part of the Odyssey program, you will be assigned to a partnered primary or secondary school located in one of the Canadian provinces or territories. If you have always wanted to discover what else Canada has to offer this is your chance!
About the language assistant position
– Prepare classroom activities to enhance language learning.
– Encourage the students to speak in French to promote oral communication.
– Participate in school and cultural activities.
– Lead and entertain small groups of 2 to 10 students.
– Incorporate cultural and speech activities into your lesson plans.
– Have completed a minimum of 16 college-level courses or 1 year of university.
– High-level proficiency in written and spoken French.
– be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
(those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible).
– A 9-month contract from September to May.
– 25 hours a week. (20 hours with students & 5 hours of class preparation)
– Paid training, holidays, and travel expenses.
– ~$27 an hour!
Seize the opportunity to teach the next generation of students about our beloved language and culture; travel and explore different parts of Canada and build onto your resume to impress employers and recruiters!
Odyssey aims to motivate students, teachers, and assistants with engaging and creative learning and teaching methods that keep everyone encouraged and involved.
Use the link below to find out more information and apply today.
The application deadline has been extended!