Photo source: canva.com (stock images)
General information on the vaccination against COVID-19 of International Students
General principles regarding vaccinations in Quebec:
- Anyone 12 years of age and over is eligible and encouraged to receive 2 doses of the vaccine against COVID-19.
- In Quebec, vaccination against COVID-19 is free and accessible to everyone. It is not necessary to be a Canadian resident or have a health insurance card to receive the vaccine.
- It is mandatory to register your vaccination status at a vaccination site in Quebec in order to have access to proof of vaccination (QR code), in the event that vaccination passports become required.
Mandatory quarantine and vaccination:
- Under certain conditions, a person who received 2 doses of PfizerBioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines outside of Canada (exception: 1 single-dose required) will not have to quarantine following their arrival in the country.
- For more information, visit the Government of Canada website.
Vaccination information booth at Montreal Airport:
- Public health teams will be present at the Montreal Airport (Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport – YUL) from August 1 until September 10, 2021, to support students upon their arrival in Quebec and answer their questions about vaccinations.
- Their booth will be adjacent to that of Accueil Plus, the Interuniversity Cooperation Office (BCI).
- The public health teams will help students to make an appointment to get vaccinated, after their quarantine period (if applicable).
- They will also be able to register the vaccines they received outside Quebec on-site, which will allow them to receive electronic proof of vaccination (QR code) immediately upon arrival.
Recognition of vaccines received outside of Quebec and recommended doses:
- You can make an appointment or register your vaccines upon arrival, directly at the Airport of Montreal with Quebec government public health teams.
- If you have received 2 doses of vaccines authorized in Canada, namely Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (exception: 1 single-dose required):
- It is not necessary to be vaccinated again, but you must register your vaccines in order to obtain a proof of vaccination (QR code).
- If you have not received any dose of the vaccine, or only one dose:
- Make an appointment now or go to a walk-in vaccination site after your quarantine.
- If you have received any type of vaccine other than those authorized in Canada:
- Contact 1 877-644-4545 or go to the ClicSanté website and select the “COVID-19 Vaccine – Troubleshooting” option when making your appointment.
- When selecting the “COVID-19 Vaccine Troubleshooting” option, a healthcare professional will be able to assess your immunization coverage. Depending on the vaccines you have received, they may recommend an additional dose to increase your protection against COVID-19.
- The public health teams at Montreal Airport will also be able to answer your questions and validate your vaccination status.
- Note that these recommendations may evolve according to the evolution of knowledge on the COVID-19 and vaccines, such as vaccines authorized in Canada and by the WHO.
Registration of vaccines received outside Quebec and application of the vaccination passport:
- As of September 1, 2021, a vaccination passport may be required to enter public places and businesses in Quebec, following an increase in COVID-19 cases (e.g. bars, gyms, restaurants).
- It is possible to register vaccines received outside Quebec and obtain a government-authorized electronic proof of vaccination (QR code) in order to frequent these places, in the event of the application of the vaccine passport.
- With the exception of the service at the public health kiosk at Montreal Airport, you must make an appointment on the ClicSanté website and select the “COVID-19 Vaccine – Troubleshooting” option when making your appointment.
- You can also dial 1 877 644-4545.
- The persons concerned must then go to a vaccination clinic indicated on the platform to provide proof of vaccination and be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
Access to Quebec vaccination services:
- Appointment scheduling is accessible:
- Online on the website Operation vaccination COVID-19
- By telephone at 1 877 644-4545.
- Students can also go to a walk-in vaccination site after their quarantine:
- Consult the list of walk-in clinics
- If required, it is possible to make an appointment for the 2nd dose during the first appointment
Information provided by the Centre intégré universitaire du Centre-Sud-de-l’Ïle-de-Montréal.