COVID-19 updates at tav college
THIS WEB PAGE HAS BEEN CREATED TO ACT AS AN OFFICIAL POINT OF REFERENCE FOR ALL UPDATES AND INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) AT TAV COLLEGE. PLEASE REFER TO THE LINKS BELOW.
You are also invited to visit us on our social medias where we will be posting frequent updates.
IF YOU ARE DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS
Any staff member or student displaying symptoms of COVID-19 must not come in the building and call 514-644-4545 for guidelines. If somebody you live with, or have been in direct contact with, has been affected by COVID-19, you must not come to the College for 14 days and inform us by email at: email@example.com
In order to most effectively serve our students during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the majority of our services and resource centres available online. Please look for this textbox style to see which services are available online.
THE LATEST information: FALL AT TAV COLLEGE
The Fall 2020 semester will be held mostly online
We have been listening to the legitimate concerns expressed by our students and teachers and have come to the difficult decision that the Fall 2020 semester will be held mostly online. This decision has come about after much consultation. We have been continuously monitoring pandemic developments, taking into consideration guidelines and regulations being issued by government agencies.
Some of the factors that influenced our decision:
- Difficulty maintaining social distancing in a college environment
- Students’ reliance on public transit, where social distancing is not possible
- Accommodating students who are medically at risk
- Student concerns about possibly infecting family members who may be medically at risk
- Public health forecasting a probable second wave
- Excellent feedback about online experience at TAV in the winter 2020 term
- Please read the information below as it pertains to your upcoming semester at the College
*Official statement, July 10th, 2020.
How is tav preparing for the fall semester?
Protocols for staff and students (fall 2020)
The college established the following protocols for all students and staff entering the premises.
- Upon entering the building, all students will be required to disinfect their hands with hand sanitizer that will be provided by the college. There will be a sanitizer station immediately at the entrance as well as additional stations on each floor
- Any staff member or student displaying symptoms of COVID-19 must not come in the building and call 514-644-4545 for guidelines. If somebody you live with, or have been in direct contact with, has been affected by COVID-19, you must not come to the College for 14 days and inform us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disposable masks will be available for purchase. (Disposable, surgical mask: $1, disposable, N95 mask: $3 and plastic face visors: $5) Cash only.
- Mask wearing will be mandatory in all common areas for students and teachers.
- Mask wearing will be mandatory while standing up or getting to or from your seat in classrooms.
- Once seated, students may remove their masks.
- Classroom seating’s will be arranged so that students are 1.5 meters apart from each other.
- Before and after each class, tables and chairs will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- All examinations will be held on campus, even for courses offered fully online.
- Most classes will be online, so students will need access to a computer, speaker, microphone, webcam, and high-speed internet connection.
Most classes in the Fall 2020 semester will be delivered online. Students who will be learning on campus will receive more information by email and Mio.
All students will receive a course syllabus from their instructors, which will outline how the semester is going to function for their course.
Accessing the building
For students or staff who must enter the campus building, you will be required to follow a health and safety procedure (see the Fall at TAV webapge.)
The following classes and activities will be maintained on campus:
- Science labs
- Mid-term and final examination
- Selected courses where on site presence is required to fulfill course competencies.
- Orientation and introduction to your professors
Financial Aid services
Financial aid service is available by email: email@example.com, by phone or by appointment only. There will be no “drop-ins” allowed. Please contact the front desk for more information.
Admission, Registration and Advising
- All new students will be contacted by a student advisor to schedule a video conferencing meeting or a phone meeting for advising and course selection.
- All returning students may contact their student advisor for a video conferencing meeting or a phone meeting for advising and course selection.
- For new students: All admission tests (AEC and DEC) for language proficiency will be completed on-site by appointment only. Students will be referred to the program’s student advisor for instructions and procedure.
(Staff Only) Support for teachers
- Guidelines and training tools for online teaching will be provided by the College. Please contact Valerie or Marie-Lou if you have not yet received any pedagogical resources.
NEED A REUsABLE MASK?
N95 and surgical masks will be available for purchase at TAV for any students who are required to come to campus. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase a reusable mask.
Here are some helpful links where you can purchase your own reusable mask: