Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the management team in a dynamic environment in which teamwork, proactivity, and autonomy are needed. The role performs daily administrative duties to ensure the efficient operation of the office while providing support for fundraising, events and support services initiatives.
About Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI)
Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI) is a Montreal-based charitable organization that offers therapeutic programs to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Additionally, AGI provides support services to families and professional caregivers, focusing on best practices in dementia care, while sensitizing the community at large through education and awareness.
- In-Office, Full-time – 35 hours/week
- Monday to Thursday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Occasional evenings and weekends as required by activities and programming
- Telework as determined by the Executive Director. If employees are required to work from home because of public health mandates, staff are required to be available for emails, calls and meetings during regular business hours providing effective and prompt communication while completing all job responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential duties, such as answering and routing phone calls, accepting donations, processing payments, responding to emails, and correspondence, and general assistance to visitors and clients
- Oversee tribute cards, complete card requests
- Ensure a professional appearance in all areas of the office
- Maintain the filing system, including hard and electronic files, ensuring they are current and organized
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers as Organization’s point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment needs, and insurance, including IT and telephone communication
- Configure and maintain, with help from services vendors as needed, computer and telephone systems, printers, the photocopier, the postage machine and other equipment
- Create, edit, and format materials, correspondence and content related to events including but not limited to letters, donor packages etc.,
- Create and maintain lists containing data related to event logistics, including the management of donation tracking for event
- Responsible for inputting and extracting information into/from the donor database, Donor Perfect:
- Maintain donor/client information as a new entry or by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data of existing accounts
- Regularly check and resolve duplicate donor accounts
- Provide reports and mailing lists as needed by the management team
- Assist the Bookkeeper with data entry of donations
- Maintain donor/client confidence and protects operations by ensuring information remains secure and confidential
- Remain current with donor management knowledge and charitable standards through webinars and workshops as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience of at least two years in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software and web-based applications.
- Experience with DonorPerfect donor management software is an asset.
- Meticulous documentation and impeccable organizational skills.
- Proven experience with fundraising and events.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service oriented.
- Integrity, discretion and ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Facility to work on multiple files at the same time.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations or priorities.
- Capacity to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, determination and initiative.
Remuneration and Benefits
- $32,000 to $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Following a successful 3-month probationary period:
- 4% vacation indemnity (2 weeks); paid leave during December holidays (dates determined by the Executive Director)
- 2 sick days, 3 personal days, 2 family obligation days per year
- Group Benefits Package includes Health and Dental, AD&D, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long-term disability, critical illness and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan (VRSP)