JOIN OUR TEAM & HELP TRANSFORM LIVES
Agence Ometz is a Jewish human services agency offering social, employment and immigration services to help people fulfill t heir potential in order to secure a vibrant, growing community where people care for themselves and each other.Our work is guided by our core values of self-sufficiency, inclusivity, human dignity, caring communities and excellence.
Meaning courage in Hebrew, Ometz is a reflection of the courage of those who seek our support in transforming their lives. By joining Ometz, you will work with a team of professionals who are compassionate, engaged and inspiring at an organization that has been consistently ranked in Leading Edge surveys, by our own exemplary staff, as a highly supportive and meaningful place to work. Help make our vision a reality – Apply today!
Young Adult Employment Specialist
Part-Time – 21 hours per week
L’Annexe, the Ometz Centre for Young Adults, is a social service and community space open to young adults, ages 16- 35. L’Annexe welcomes individuals from across the broad spectrum of Jewish identity, observance, and experience, as well as the broader community. We commit to being a diverse and LGBTQ-affirming space. As a member of an interdisciplinary team made up of youth advocates, social workers, creative arts therapists, and educators, the YoungAdult Employment Specialist assists young adults to prepare for, obtain, and maintain employment.
- Develop relationship with clients to obtain relevant history and background information
- Assist clients with development of realistic employment-focused action plan
- Provide coaching in and assistance with job readiness skills, job search strategies, CV writing, job interview preparation and accompaniment, as needed
- Support clients in career exploration and planning by facilitating access to psychometric career interest and values assessments and integrating findings into clients’ action plan
- Refer to appropriate job leads and advocate with employers
- Make external and internal referrals to appropriate resources, including support services and education and training opportunities
- Keep abreast of best practices pertaining to young adults, mental health, and disabilities
- Participate in Ometz staff, team, and department meetings
- Consult and work closely with L’Annexe team members and other departments on mutual client concerns
- DEP, Special Care Counselling or Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience with young adults (ages 16-35)
- Knowledge of Montreal and Quebec social service network, government services, and education ecosystem, a plus
- Experience in employment field, an asset
- Experience with neurodiverse individuals, highly valued
- Fluently bilingual in French and English; written & spoken
This position requires the selected applicant to undergo vulnerable sector police check
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.