3S Wellness Inc. is recruiting Personal Support Workers (Caregivers) to work with us on the West
Island of Montreal.
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated individuals to provide support, promote autonomy
and help to offer a deserving quality of life to our clients (children, youth, and adults) who
have physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Working with individuals or a group of clients and/or providing one-on-one care for some.
- Preparing meals for the clients, helping to keep the house clean, and in some cases, teaching or
assisting some clients learn how to do these daily living skills for themselves.
- Ensuring the fulfillment of individual goals and needs as instructed in the client’s support plans
- Introducing, and helping clients choose and participate in leisure/sports activities
- Ensuring the health, safety, well-being, and if at all possible independence of clients
- In some cases, assisting and guiding the clients to help them develop their social skills
- Assisting some clients to transition to independent living
- Documenting and recording daily care reports which may include resident incident reports and
- Transporting and/or accompanying clients to and from various appointments
- Also, some of the knowledge and skills expected of you include having the capacity to establish and
maintain positive interpersonal relations which include; friendliness, respect for others, patience, and
above all; open-mindedness, being team-oriented, and being receptive to learning as you work in the various
environments of this industry.
- Holds or is in the process of completing an AEC or a DEC in an appropriate discipline (special care
counseling, social service, Assistance to the person in an establishment and at home, (PAB), Personal
Care Attendant) OR a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: psychology, sociology,
psychoeducation, human relations, social work
- Previous related work experience with individuals who have cognitive/ physical disabilities
- Provide or be willing to submit an application for a Request for Impediment Check ( this is the new
the terminology used for the police check that must be done)
- First aid certification/CPR training is an asset
- Knowledge of French and Inuktitut is an asset
- Hours are flexible based on your availability.
To apply or for further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org