3S Wellness Inc. is expanding! We are currently recruiting both part-time and full-time positions for our new residential resource working with Indigenous youth.
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated individuals to provide support and promote autonomy and quality of life to youth with physical and intellectual disabilities.
3S Wellness has organizational values that include;
- Respect for all individuals,
- Quality care services,
- Advocacy for the well-being of all individuals who have been entrusted to us,
- Honesty with all,
- Integrity concerning resident and family confidentiality,
- and above all Being and Remaining ethical in all of our interactions.
In all of our residential homes, it is imperative that we provide a safe and secure environment for everyone. We offer home-based spaces that allow us to work with individuals of all ages in various ways such as assisting them in their physical, intellectual, and emotional needs. In all of our homes, we aim to maintain the various cultures that are an integral part of people’s lives as well as introduce them to other cultures.
Supporting the individuals in our care and their families is paramount to 3S Wellness Inc.
- Assist service users with activities of daily living
- Facilitate activities – such as teaching life skills, emotional regulation, and anger management
- Observe service user’s behaviors, and participate in the assessment of their needs and abilities
- Encourage clients to engage in activities based on assessment
- Supervise and provide emotional support
- Complete daily logs and record observation charts
- Administer medication
- Help to maintain an orderly, clean and safe environment
- Holds an AEC or a DEC in an appropriate discipline (special care counseling, social service, Assistance to the person in an establishment and at home, (PAB), Personal Care Attendant) OR a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: psychology, sociology, psychoeducation, human relations, social work
- Prior work experience with individuals who have cognitive/ physical disabilities
- Provide or be willing to submit an application for a Request for Impediment Check (this is the new terminology used for the police check that must be done)
- First aid certification is an asset
- Knowledge of French and Inuktitut is an asset