This position is available nationwide, and open to candidates based outside our city. This is a remote, full-time position.
Transnomis Solutions specializes in road information management and communications solutions.
Transnomis currently has an exciting opportunity for a candidate seeking valuable work experience in clean technology. We are seeking eligible candidates nationally for the position of DevOps Security. DevOps Security will be responsible for IT infrastructure maintenance and management, automating processes, and keeping the organization’s data, network, and IT infrastructure safe and free from security threats through monitoring, programming, testing, and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development, QA and Product team with their day-to-day operational needs. This includes maintaining, creating and troubleshooting existing servers and services.
- Seek opportunities to improve existing workflows, processes and systems to enable teams to work more autonomously.
- System administrator role in the team.
- Taking sole responsibility for CI/CD tools and services by troubleshooting and fixing failures.
- Configuring new jobs in Jenkins either as UI or groovy code to enable Dev and QA team to progress faster with projects.
- Technical security implementation.
- Administration of network security systems.
- Creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation.
- Take a lead role in communicating our technical solutions with internal compliance and external security auditors.
- Staying productive and efficient in day-to-day work. Be on top of your responsibilities.
- Thinking outside of the box to create new tools for automation.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- 1 year of system administrator experience with Windows and Linux servers.
- 1-2 years of experience in a DevOps role or similar.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with Jenkins.
- 1-2 years of experience with troubleshooting Jenkins pipelines, builds and configuration.
- 1-2 years of experience in deploying and maintaining core products on production and internal stacks.
- Proven knowledge of continuous integration and deployment.
- Experienced orchestrating multi-step complex Jenkins pipeline as a code or UI steps.
- Strong knowledge of databases and ability to write basic queries.
- Hands-on experience with Batch/Bash scripting to automate simple repetitive tasks.
- Basic knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Superior writing and communication skills, the candidate must be able to communicate issues back clearly & accurately to developers and security auditors.
- Able to automate tedious tasks using custom scripts or integrating with off-the-shelf solutions.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of admin tools like proxmox and pfsense.
- Experience with testing tools like the HP QTP/UFT, TestRail, SmartBear Zepher Scale, Cucumber, Selenium, Zalenium Server, Cypress, and NUnit.
Computer Sciences, IT, Engineering or any related field University Degree, Diploma and/or Certification or equivalent.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Start Date: Immediate
Work remotely: Yes
COVID-19 precaution(s): Remote interview process