COVID-19: UPDATE AND GUIDELINES
What all students and staff members need to know and do:
As of March 13, 2020, due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, all daycares, schools, CEGEPs, and universities are closed for the next 2 weeks. You will be updated on a regular basis. Please consult your Omnivox.
We are monitoring the situation closely and strictly abiding by government regulation.
- Any student or employee who has returned to Quebec from any part of the world or is displaying FLU SYMPTOMS cannot come to the College and must self-isolate for 14 days. The measure is applicable as of Thursday, March 12, 2020.
- The College will be sending updates via Omnivox, email and TAV website updates.
- Teachers may have to change grading schemes to rely more heavily on projects and assignments rather than in-class evaluations. Please contact your program coordinator for more information.
- If any student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, we request that you immediately inform the College.
In the event that the College is required to move to online course delivery:
- Students must have access to a computer with internet access.
- Every student and staff member must be familiar with Omnivox – Lea and MIO – and check messages frequently.
- Electronic delivery of courses will be offered through Google Hangouts Meet video conferencing platform. Classes will be broadcast at the regular scheduled time, recorded and made available to be streamed later. Your teacher will send you a link to access the course. Students will need to have a Gmail account.
- Science labs will be rescheduled or modified, and final exams will be administered in modified conditions.
- TAV College will be making every effort to ensure that the semester is preserved and students satisfy all academic requirements.
For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 situation in Quebec, we suggest consulting the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE.