Computer Network, Architecture & ManagementAEC LEA.6P
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program aims to train individuals to practice the profession of network administrator or network technology technician.
The computer network administrator works in large companies that have their own IT department, or as a consultant in a small and medium-sized company. Within the small business, the individual, most of the time, is the sole person responsible for the operation of the computer network. In the larger company, as teams get bigger, the role of each individual is specialized. In these larger companies, there are usually more complex configurations and larger networks.
The computer network administrator can take action at all stages of the creation of a network. He plans the implementation or the migration of the network, ensures the availability of equipment needed for installation, configures and makes each of its components functional, oversees the operation, manages security and provides user support. An important part of the work of the computer network administrator is to determine quickly and with as much precision as possible, the cause of a problem and to implement an appropriate solution, while evaluating the consequences of his choice throughout the network.
The versatility of the computer network administrator is an important element because he is confronted with problems that are often different in nature and which must be resolved quickly. This rapid action requires high availability and the ability to work under stress.
The Architecture and Network Management program bring together two requirements of technical training, that is to say the mastery of the technical function and versatility. Mastering the technical function is ensured by the acquisition of specific skills necessary for practicing the profession while versatility is attained by learning general skills related to computer-related careers.
The advent of computer networks, in particular local area networks, is relatively recent, and new applications are expected to appear in the coming years. The integration of new technologies and communications is an example of these applications, as well as video and telephony. Given the speed of technological change, the network administrator must continually keep up to date in terms of technology.
- Analyze the work functions
- Work with method
- Analyze the architecture of a computer network.
- Exploit the possibilities of an operating system on a specific computer.
- Install hardware and software on a computer.
- Use an algorithmic approach.
- Implement a file server
- Communicate in the English Language
- Implement an intranet
- Choose hardware.
- Install a computer network.
- Ensure the security of a computer network’s hardware and software.
- Provide technical support to network users.
- Plan the installation of a computer network.
- Choose software.
- Manage a computer population.
- Manage a computer network
- Diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Ensure the evolution of the computer network.
- Solve problems involving geometry, algebraic and transcendent functions
- Resolve mathematical problems in computing
- Prepare for job searching
- Integrate the job market
Currently, the network management profession is among the most in demand for all of Quebec.
In America, the employment of computer network architects is projected to grow 15 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for computer network architects will increase as firms continue to expand their use of wireless and mobile networks.
Do you have any questions